Re: [TalkAntietam] New Year

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
      David;

      I am not sure if any other pards in this forum have answered your
      question which is, by the way, a good one.

      I can tell you that at Antietam NBP bookstore is a book or
      booklet titled Artillery Hell about the use of artillery at
      Antietam. It was a true artillery hell for the Confederates
      there, not only for their infantry but also for their artillery
      arm! Curt Johnson, who once belonged to the old ADG, is one of
      the authors.

      Maybe Tom Clemens or Tom Shay can guide you a little further. And
      Mark Pflum, who reenacts with the Ringgold Light Artillery, also
      knows quite a bit about that arm of the service and its
      experiences on that field.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",