Re: [TalkAntietam] Red Pants - was Unfurl Those Colors - new Antietam book

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 16, 2008
      Oops...I guess I could have simply walked out to the foyer and looked at my print of "Always Ready" and avoided this boo boo. The 9th did indeed wear blue trousers.

      I'm mortified. And chagrined. Much chagrined.

      Harry
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 20, 2008
        Stephen,

        Company B of the 1st Delaware was also a Zouave unit. And somewhere between Gettysburg & the Wilderness, IIRC, the regiment joined the Gibraltar brigade.

        Mike Peters
        colliszouave@...

        Stephen Recker <recker@...> wrote:
        I was surprised to read, in Unfurl, that the men of Company A, the
        right company of the 1st Delaware, the right-most regiment of Weber's
        Brigade at the Sunken Road, were wearing their red Zouave pants, and
        some attributed their high losses to this fact.

        Who else were wearing red pants at Antietam?