Re: [TalkAntietam] Unfurl Those Colors - new Antietam book

  • Dean Essig
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 16, 2008
      Thanks Stephen!

      It amazes me how much scholarship remains to do on
      this battle. I'm jealous of the Gettysburg guys :-)

      --- Stephen Recker <recker@...>
      wrote:

      > You bet. Chapter 9 is called The Sunken Road.
      > Chapter 10 is Afternoon,
      > September 17th. This is the chapter I am excited to
      > read. Usually the
      > narrative leaves the Second Corps once the Sunken
      > Road falls. It will
      > be interesting to hear about that part of the field
      > later in the
      > afternoon.
      >
      > Stephen
      >
      > On Saturday, March 15, 2008, at 08:23 AM, Dean
      > Essig wrote:
      >
      > > Mine's on order...
      > >
      > > The fights of the other two divisions are covered
      > in
      > > detail I trust?

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Michael Peters
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 20, 2008
        Stephen,

        Company B of the 1st Delaware was also a Zouave unit. And somewhere between Gettysburg & the Wilderness, IIRC, the regiment joined the Gibraltar brigade.

        Mike Peters
        colliszouave@...

        Stephen Recker <recker@...> wrote:
        I was surprised to read, in Unfurl, that the men of Company A, the
        right company of the 1st Delaware, the right-most regiment of Weber's
        Brigade at the Sunken Road, were wearing their red Zouave pants, and
        some attributed their high losses to this fact.

        Who else were wearing red pants at Antietam?