New Year

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
      Group,

      Since my earlier message of this morning appears to not have gone
      through,

      Best wishes for the New Year to all.

      Hope this New Year will be a more profitable one for everyone and
      we will see the final victory over Terror in the New Year.

      Let us pray that we continue to heal from our national tragedy of
      September 11, 2001 and that the Afghan people will, with the
      assistance of the US and the international community, heal and
      rebuild from two decades of war, suffering, oppression and
      violence.

      Let us finally pray that the Israeli and Palestinian leaders
      continue to work toward the resolution of the issues defeating a
      stable environment for both nationalities to be able to grow and
      prosper and that the Palestinian Authority will do its part to
      hunt down, root out and eradicate its own evils of radical or
      extremist groups.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

      http://home.earthlink.net/~gerry1952/index.html

      Edward Lee
    • David Lutton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002

        We can only hope that your wishes for the new year come true.

        Now to a New Years question, has a definitive history of the artillery arm
        at Antietam ever been done? If not, what is the best reference material out
        there on the subject?

        David Lutton
        Hollidaysburg Pa

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
          David;

          I am not sure if any other pards in this forum have answered your
          question which is, by the way, a good one.

          I can tell you that at Antietam NBP bookstore is a book or
          booklet titled Artillery Hell about the use of artillery at
          Antietam. It was a true artillery hell for the Confederates
          there, not only for their infantry but also for their artillery
          arm! Curt Johnson, who once belonged to the old ADG, is one of
          the authors.

          Maybe Tom Clemens or Tom Shay can guide you a little further. And
          Mark Pflum, who reenacts with the Ringgold Light Artillery, also
          knows quite a bit about that arm of the service and its
          experiences on that field.

          Your humble servant,
          Gerry Mayers
          Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

          http://home.earthlink.net/~gerry1952/index.html

          Edward Lee

          > We can only hope that your wishes for the new year come true.
          >
          > Now to a New Years question, has a definitive history of the
          artillery arm
          > at Antietam ever been done? If not, what is the best reference
          material out
          > there on the subject?
          >
          > David Lutton
          > Hollidaysburg Pa