Re: [TalkAntietam] Unfurl Those Colors - new Antietam book

  • Dean Essig
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 15, 2008
      Mine's on order...

      The fights of the other two divisions are covered in
      detail I trust?

      --- Stephen Recker <recker@...>
      wrote:

      > Yes, it's exciting news. I read the West Woods
      > section last night and
      > thought it was presented in a very clear way. The
      > maps were also clear
      > and supported the narrative well. A big step up from
      > Disaster in the
      > West Woods.
      >
      > Stephen
      >
      > On Friday, March 14, 2008, at 07:28 AM, Dean Essig
      > wrote:
      >
      > > I'm very excited about this... especially with
      > this
      > > endorsement. Thanks for alerting me to it, fellas!

      > removed]

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Michael Peters
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 20, 2008
        Stephen,

        Company B of the 1st Delaware was also a Zouave unit. And somewhere between Gettysburg & the Wilderness, IIRC, the regiment joined the Gibraltar brigade.

        Mike Peters
        colliszouave@...

        Stephen Recker <recker@...> wrote:
        I was surprised to read, in Unfurl, that the men of Company A, the
        right company of the 1st Delaware, the right-most regiment of Weber's
        Brigade at the Sunken Road, were wearing their red Zouave pants, and
        some attributed their high losses to this fact.

        Who else were wearing red pants at Antietam?