Re: [TalkAntietam] Unfurl Those Colors - new Antietam book

  • RoteBaron@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 14, 2008
      Stephen, thanks for the info. I went directly to Amazon and ordered it..

      From: Stephen Recker <recker@...>
      I picked up Marion Armstrong's new book today. It's all about the
      Second Corps in the Antietam Campaign. Went right to the chapter about
      the West Woods and am enjoying it. First thing I learned was that it
      was Capt. Custer was the one to show Sumner the fords over the
      Antietam. Guess that ruins my joke that the only thing Custer did at
      the battle was kick the Pry family out of their house.

      Anyone else have a chance to check this book out yet?

    • Michael Peters
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 20, 2008
        Stephen,

        Company B of the 1st Delaware was also a Zouave unit. And somewhere between Gettysburg & the Wilderness, IIRC, the regiment joined the Gibraltar brigade.

        Mike Peters
        colliszouave@...

        Stephen Recker <recker@...> wrote:
        I was surprised to read, in Unfurl, that the men of Company A, the
        right company of the 1st Delaware, the right-most regiment of Weber's
        Brigade at the Sunken Road, were wearing their red Zouave pants, and
        some attributed their high losses to this fact.

        Who else were wearing red pants at Antietam?