Re: [TalkAntietam] Unfurl Those Colors - new Antietam book

  • Dean Essig
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 14, 2008
      I'm very excited about this... especially with this
      endorsement. Thanks for alerting me to it, fellas!

      --- Thomas Clemens <clemenst@...> wrote:

      > Yes, I did too, how did I miss you at the Visitor's
      > Center? I've known Vince for years and he gave me
      > the orders about Custer guiding Sumner etc, years
      > ago, thought I'd shared them with you. Oh well.
      > Very good study, altthough I could wish for better
      > maps.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Michael Peters
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 20, 2008
        Stephen,

        Company B of the 1st Delaware was also a Zouave unit. And somewhere between Gettysburg & the Wilderness, IIRC, the regiment joined the Gibraltar brigade.

        Mike Peters
        colliszouave@...

        Stephen Recker <recker@...> wrote:
        I was surprised to read, in Unfurl, that the men of Company A, the
        right company of the 1st Delaware, the right-most regiment of Weber's
        Brigade at the Sunken Road, were wearing their red Zouave pants, and
        some attributed their high losses to this fact.

        Who else were wearing red pants at Antietam?