Re: [TalkAntietam] Unfurl Those Colors - new Antietam book

    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 13, 2008
      I was at the VC after 3pm. Really pretty day today.

      Was personally hoping for a detailed map of Sumner's movements between
      the Antietam fords and the West Woods. Anyway, there is plenty of other
      great stuff to chew on, so am looking forward to reading more tonight.
      Kudos to Mr. Armstrong.

      Come to think of it, Tom, you probably did tell me about Custer.

      Stephen

      On Thursday, March 13, 2008, at 10:38 PM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

      > Yes, I did too, how did I miss you at the Visitor's Center? I've known
      > Vince for years and he gave me the orders about Custer guiding Sumner
      > etc, years ago, thought I'd shared them with you. Oh well. Very good
      > study, altthough I could wish for better maps.

    • Michael Peters
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 20, 2008
        Stephen,

        Company B of the 1st Delaware was also a Zouave unit. And somewhere between Gettysburg & the Wilderness, IIRC, the regiment joined the Gibraltar brigade.

        Mike Peters
        colliszouave@...

        Stephen Recker <recker@...> wrote:
        I was surprised to read, in Unfurl, that the men of Company A, the
        right company of the 1st Delaware, the right-most regiment of Weber's
        Brigade at the Sunken Road, were wearing their red Zouave pants, and
        some attributed their high losses to this fact.

        Who else were wearing red pants at Antietam?