Free Antietam Battlefield Tour

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
      On Saturday March 15, at 10am, I will be giving a tour to a prospective
      battlefield guide. We will probably spend about three hours on the
      field. The tour will cover the whole campaign and the three main areas
      of the field, with a concentration on the monuments.

      At Antietam Battlefield Guides we offer mentoring to our guide
      candidates. Veteran guides offer their time and talents to the
      up-and-comers in an effort to ensure a strong, skilled guide force. And
      besides that, it's just a lot of fun walking the battlefield with these
      folks. This event is part of that program.

      If you or anyone you know would like to join us, let me know, or simply
      show up at the VC at 10am. You get a free tour and you get to support
      our talented guide candidate. Thanks.

      Cheers,
      Stephen Recker
      Antietam Battlefield Guides

      P.O. Box 705
      Sharpsburg, MD 21782
      240-217-3664
      800-417-9596

      http://www.virtualantietam.com
      http://www.virtualgettysburg.com
      http://www.anothersoftwaremiracle.com
    • Dean Essig
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
        Found the Apoonbooks copy and ordered it. Hope this
        way works... thanks for all the help guys.

        Oh, I was able to get a copy of "Tyler to Sharpsburg"
        through ILL and they _did_ photocopy it for me, so now
        I have one. :-)

        === message truncated ===

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • Jim Rosebrock
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
          Alabris, a book site has four copies. They are pricy. But I bought a copy earlier this week from them and it was in mint condition. Here is the link if you would like to pursue.

          Jim Rosebrock

          http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?isbn=1882810538

          wrote:

          > Well pooh... I put in a bid on the book and just got a
          > notice that the book was removed from e-bay because it
          > "violated e-bay policy" or some such.
          >
          > Very odd.
          >
          > --- eighth_conn_inf <eighth_conn_inf@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Dean,
          > >
          > > If you are still looking for the Civil War Regiments
          > > book, vol. 5,
          > > no. 3, there is one for sale on ebay Item number:
          > > 110231175913.
          > > Larry F.
          > >
          > > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Dean Essig
          > > <dean_essig@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Thanks for the responses guys... I've been
          > > bedridden
          > > > with the flu for a week now, so work has not
          > > exactly
          > > > progressed at all.
          > > >
          > > > Dean

          > > and
          > > fire.
          > > shoot

          > > longest

          > > any

          category=shopping

          > Be a better friend, newshound, and

        • Dean Essig
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
            That's OK... I didn't see his post before ordering. A
            few $$ matters not as long as I get a copy. ;-)

            === message truncated ===

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs