Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: 1st and 12th Corps Trains

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
      Dear Dean,

      It might not be the book itself but the seller.....

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
        Dean,
        Best price I've found on other sites so far is $20 plus shipping,
        ISBN-13: 9781882810536. Savas shows not in stock:
        http://www.savaspublishing.com/CWR5-3.html

        Volume Five, No. 3:
        Antietam: The Maryland
        Campaign of 1862

        200pp. Maps, photos, index,
        paper. CORRECT 10 ISBN 1882810538

        See also: Part II, Vol. 6, No. 2)

        $12.99 SOLD OUT

        SOLD OUT--Let us know if you would like your name on a waiting list
        for this book. It might be reprinted.

        Antietam: The Maryland Campaign of 1862 Essays on Union and
        Confederate Leadership (ISBN: 1882810538)

        Bookseller: Apoonbooks
        (Ames, IA, U.S.A.)
        Bookseller Rating:
        Price: US$ 19.88
        [Convert Currency]
        Quantity: 1 Shipping within U.S.A.:
        US$ 3.25
        [Rates & Speeds]

        Book Description: Stackpole Books, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania,
        U.S.A., 1997. Soft Cover. Book Condition: Very Good. No Jacket. 8vo -
        over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Very nice, very clean softcover book. Very clean
        interior. Close to like new. AH. Bookseller Inventory # 000157

        Larry

        wrote:

        > Well pooh... I put in a bid on the book and just got a
        > notice that the book was removed from e-bay because it
        > "violated e-bay policy" or some such.
        >
        > Very odd.
        >
        > --- eighth_conn_inf <eighth_conn_inf@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Dean,
        > >
        > > If you are still looking for the Civil War Regiments
        > > book, vol. 5,
        > > no. 3, there is one for sale on ebay Item number:
        > > 110231175913.
        > > Larry F.
        > >
        > > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Dean Essig
        > > <dean_essig@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Thanks for the responses guys... I've been
        > > bedridden
        > > > with the flu for a week now, so work has not
        > > exactly
        > > > progressed at all.
        > > >
        > > > Dean

        > > and
        > > fire.
        > > shoot

        > > longest

        > > any

        category=shopping

        ______________

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
          On Saturday March 15, at 10am, I will be giving a tour to a prospective
          battlefield guide. We will probably spend about three hours on the
          field. The tour will cover the whole campaign and the three main areas
          of the field, with a concentration on the monuments.

          At Antietam Battlefield Guides we offer mentoring to our guide
          candidates. Veteran guides offer their time and talents to the
          up-and-comers in an effort to ensure a strong, skilled guide force. And
          besides that, it's just a lot of fun walking the battlefield with these
          folks. This event is part of that program.

          If you or anyone you know would like to join us, let me know, or simply
          show up at the VC at 10am. You get a free tour and you get to support
          our talented guide candidate. Thanks.

          Cheers,
          Stephen Recker
          Antietam Battlefield Guides

          P.O. Box 705
          Sharpsburg, MD 21782
          240-217-3664
          800-417-9596

          http://www.virtualantietam.com
          http://www.virtualgettysburg.com
          http://www.anothersoftwaremiracle.com
        • Dean Essig
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
            Found the Apoonbooks copy and ordered it. Hope this
            way works... thanks for all the help guys.

            Oh, I was able to get a copy of "Tyler to Sharpsburg"
            through ILL and they _did_ photocopy it for me, so now
            I have one. :-)

          • Jim Rosebrock
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
              Alabris, a book site has four copies. They are pricy. But I bought a copy earlier this week from them and it was in mint condition. Here is the link if you would like to pursue.

              Jim Rosebrock

              http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?isbn=1882810538

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
                That's OK... I didn't see his post before ordering. A
                few $$ matters not as long as I get a copy. ;-)

                === message truncated ===

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs