Re: 1st and 12th Corps Trains

  • joseph_pierro
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
      Dean:

      I forget how this conversation started. Was there a particular article
      you wanted from that issue?

      ILL departments can get you articles as well as books. (usually they
      provide a photocopy, though some now will send you a PDF.) I know that
      several of the larger research libraries here in VA have CW Regiments
      in their holdings.

      If you can't find a copy on the secondary market, that might be your
      best bet. Ask your local library to ILL it for you.

      --jake

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
        Dear Dean,

        It might not be the book itself but the seller.....

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
          Dean,
          Best price I've found on other sites so far is $20 plus shipping,
          ISBN-13: 9781882810536. Savas shows not in stock:
          http://www.savaspublishing.com/CWR5-3.html

          Volume Five, No. 3:
          Antietam: The Maryland
          Campaign of 1862

          200pp. Maps, photos, index,
          paper. CORRECT 10 ISBN 1882810538

          See also: Part II, Vol. 6, No. 2)

          $12.99 SOLD OUT

          SOLD OUT--Let us know if you would like your name on a waiting list
          for this book. It might be reprinted.

          Antietam: The Maryland Campaign of 1862 Essays on Union and
          Confederate Leadership (ISBN: 1882810538)

          Bookseller: Apoonbooks
          (Ames, IA, U.S.A.)
          Bookseller Rating:
          Price: US$ 19.88
          [Convert Currency]
          Quantity: 1 Shipping within U.S.A.:
          US$ 3.25
          [Rates & Speeds]

          Book Description: Stackpole Books, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania,
          U.S.A., 1997. Soft Cover. Book Condition: Very Good. No Jacket. 8vo -
          over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Very nice, very clean softcover book. Very clean
          interior. Close to like new. AH. Bookseller Inventory # 000157

          Larry

          wrote:

          > Well pooh... I put in a bid on the book and just got a
          > notice that the book was removed from e-bay because it
          > "violated e-bay policy" or some such.
          >
          > Very odd.
          >
          > --- eighth_conn_inf <eighth_conn_inf@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Dean,
          > >
          > > If you are still looking for the Civil War Regiments
          > > book, vol. 5,
          > > no. 3, there is one for sale on ebay Item number:
          > > 110231175913.
          > > Larry F.
          > >
          > > --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, Dean Essig
          > > <dean_essig@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Thanks for the responses guys... I've been
          > > bedridden
          > > > with the flu for a week now, so work has not
          > > exactly
          > > > progressed at all.
          > > >
          > > > Dean

          > > and
          > > fire.
          > > shoot

          > > longest

          > > any

          category=shopping

          ______________

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
            On Saturday March 15, at 10am, I will be giving a tour to a prospective
            battlefield guide. We will probably spend about three hours on the
            field. The tour will cover the whole campaign and the three main areas
            of the field, with a concentration on the monuments.

            At Antietam Battlefield Guides we offer mentoring to our guide
            candidates. Veteran guides offer their time and talents to the
            up-and-comers in an effort to ensure a strong, skilled guide force. And
            besides that, it's just a lot of fun walking the battlefield with these
            folks. This event is part of that program.

            If you or anyone you know would like to join us, let me know, or simply
            show up at the VC at 10am. You get a free tour and you get to support
            our talented guide candidate. Thanks.

            Cheers,
            Stephen Recker
            Antietam Battlefield Guides

            P.O. Box 705
            Sharpsburg, MD 21782
            240-217-3664
            800-417-9596

            http://www.virtualantietam.com
            http://www.virtualgettysburg.com
            http://www.anothersoftwaremiracle.com
          • Dean Essig
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
              Found the Apoonbooks copy and ordered it. Hope this
              way works... thanks for all the help guys.

              Oh, I was able to get a copy of "Tyler to Sharpsburg"
              through ILL and they _did_ photocopy it for me, so now
              I have one. :-)

            • Jim Rosebrock
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
                Alabris, a book site has four copies. They are pricy. But I bought a copy earlier this week from them and it was in mint condition. Here is the link if you would like to pursue.

                Jim Rosebrock

                http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?isbn=1882810538

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 8, 2008
                  That's OK... I didn't see his post before ordering. A
                  few $$ matters not as long as I get a copy. ;-)

                  === message truncated ===

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs