Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: a favor

    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 26, 2008
      Thanks Larry. So the signal station is apparently there. What did they see and who did the tell? Nobody seems to know. Lee certainly did not seem to know much about the approach of the enmy. He told Davis about the various columns, but could that info come from Stuart? Isn't this strange?

      >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 02/26/08 3:08 PM >>>
      Tom,
      There is a passage in "Common Soldier, Uncommon War: Life as a
      Cavalryman in the Civil War" by Sidney Morris Davis about Confederate
      sginals on Sugarloaf: On the top of the mountain they had established
      a signal station whre we could see the different flags waved at
      intervals during the entire day," page 225.
      Larry F.

      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 27, 2008
        Or how about, "What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

        Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

        >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 2/26/2008 9:32 PM >>>
        Tom,
        I hope to find more as I paw thru some more books. I wonder to whom
        the Rebs were signalling? Where were their other stations? Sounds
        like a good research topic for a research project: "The Signal
        Services during the Maryland Campaign."
        Larry F.

        -