Re: a favor

    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 26, 2008
      Tom,
      There is a passage in "Common Soldier, Uncommon War: Life as a
      Cavalryman in the Civil War" by Sidney Morris Davis about Confederate
      sginals on Sugarloaf: On the top of the mountain they had established
      a signal station whre we could see the different flags waved at
      intervals during the entire day," page 225.
      Larry F.

      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 27, 2008
        Or how about, "What we have here is a failure to communicate!"

        Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

        >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 2/26/2008 9:32 PM >>>
        Tom,
        I hope to find more as I paw thru some more books. I wonder to whom
        the Rebs were signalling? Where were their other stations? Sounds
        like a good research topic for a research project: "The Signal
        Services during the Maryland Campaign."
        Larry F.

        -