Re: Boonsboro

  • jeffcowvplanning
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 24, 2008
      Tom...

      I am glad to hear that...but also quite surprised. I hope they get
      an engineer to certify that the walls are reusable...hate to see them
      put good money after bad....

      But..maybe they put a ton of new mortar in the walls as they
      renovated, which may be why they are salvageable.

      Everything I have ever heard is that if you have ancient lime mortar,
      and it is subjected to severe heat (it was hot enough to melt siding
      across Main Street), structural integrity is lost.

      Hope it works out, thought.

      Steve

      > They are saying the walls can be re-used, so I guess I was wrong
      about the heat effect. That's why I am not a architect.