Re: Is Historic Boonesboro Burning?

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 22, 2008
      I'm sure that I'm coming in late on this discussion about the diary.
      Certainly since it is in Doug's possession, he has full control of it
      to do with as he wishes.

      Based on what Jake said in his posts about copyright, etc., since HKD
      died in 1903, everything in his handwriting passed into the public
      domain in 1978 if it were now in the LOC or other public facility,
      for example. Since it is not, and since Doug is not allowing anyone
      to see it, that point is moot; too bad. Assuming his diary is not
      embellished, it would be interesting to see what he thought "really"
      happened about events he participated in including the Lost Order
      episode.