Re: [TalkAntietam] Location of Soldier

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2001
      Andy:

      There were partial remains of four soldiers belonging to the
      Irish Brigade found interred about 200 yards from the Observation
      Tower near the Sunken Road at Antietam.

      In "My Sons Were Faithful and They Fought", Joe Bilby and Stephen
      O'Neill have an essay about the discovery as well as the forensic
      work and reburial of the remains.

      The remains are presently resting honorably in a special plot in
      the National Cemetery at Antietam.

      Hope this helps.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers