Re: [TalkAntietam] Recher photo dates

    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 9, 2008
      Dear Stephen,

      One thing is clear...the Sunken Road slide, and I suspect the
      others....are meant to be viewed in either a magic lantern or a
      stereoscopic viewer of some sort.

      This particular photo seems to be one of the more famed post view
      views of the Sunken Road. The cabin in the distance is, IIRC,
      that built for one of the freed slaves formerly owned by Mr
      Piper. The cabin is on the edge of the Piper Farm property.