Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Muster Dates

  • RoteBaron
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 2, 2008
      Larry, here is the data from Meier's Antietam PC game's documentation for cavalry:

      CAVALRY DIVISION: Brig. Gen. ALFRED PLEASONTON

      First Brigade: Maj. CHARLES J. WHITING
      5th United States, Capt. Joseph H. McArthur: 169 Veteran troops
      6th United States, Capt. William P. Sanders: 186 Veteran troops

      Second Brigade: Col. JOHN F. FARNSWORTH
      8th Illinois, Maj. William H. Medill: 219 Veteran troops
      3d Indiana, Maj. George H. Chapman: 184 Trained troops
      1st Massachusetts, Capt. Casper Crowninshield: 234 Trained troops
      8th Pennsylvania, Capt. Peter Keenan: 255 Trained troops

      Third Brigade: Col. RICHARD H. RUSH
      4th Pennsylvania, Col. James H. Childs: 299 Trained troops
      6th Pennsylvania, Lieut. Col. C. Ross Smith: 266 Veteran troops

      Fourth Brigade: Col. ANDREW T. McREYNOLDS
      1st New York, Maj. Alonzo W. Adams: 295 Trained troops
      12th Pennsylvania, Maj. James A. Congdon: 309 Green troops

      Fifth Brigade: Col. BENJAMIN F. DAVIS
      8th New York, Col. Benjamin F. Davis: 258 Trained troops
      3d Pennsylvania, Lieut. Col. Samuel W. Owen: 302 Trained troops
      Horse Artillery 2d United States, Battery A, Capt. John C. Tidball: 6 Ordnance, 121 Elite troops
      2d United States, Batteries B and L, Capt. James M. Robertson: 4 Ordnance, 116 Crack troops
      2d United States, Battery M, Lieut. Peter C. Hains: 6 Ordnance, 127 Crack troops
      3d United States, Batteries C and G, Capt. Horatio G. Gibson: 6 Ordnance, 132 Crack troops

      CAVALRY: Maj. Gen. JAMES E. B. STUART

      Hampton's Brigade: Brig. Gen. WADE HAMPTON
      1st North Carolina, Col. L. S. Baker: 237 Veteran troops
      2d South Carolina, Col. M. C. Butler: 258 Trained troops
      10th Virginia, CO unknown: 235 Veteran troops
      Cobb's (Georgia) Legion, Lieut. Col. P. Young: combined with JD Legion Jeff. Davis Legion, Lieut. Col. W. T. Martin: 154 Crack troops

      Lee's Brigade: Brig. Gen. FITZ. LEE
      1st Virginia, Lieut. Col. L. Tiernan Brien: 219 Elite troops
      3d Virginia, Lieut. Col. John T. Thornton: 234 Elite troops
      4th Virginia, Col. Williams C. Wickham: 214 Elite troops
      5th Virginia, Col. T. L. Rosser: 208 Elite troops
      9th Virginia, Col. W.H.F. Lee: 229 Elite troops

      Robertson's Brigade: Col. THOMAS T. MUNFORD
      2d Virginia, Lieutenant-Colonel Burks: 179 Elite troops
      7th Virginia, Capt. S. B. Myers: 214 Crack troops
      l2th Virginia, Col. A. W. Harman: 223 Crack troops
      17th Virginia Battalion: 120 Veteran troops

      HORSE ARTILLERY: Capt. JOHN PELHAM
      Chew's (Virginia) battery: 3 Ordnance, 63 Elite troops
      Hart's (South Carolina) battery: 4 Ordnance, 74 Elite troops
      Pelham's (Virginia) battery: 6 mixed guns, 87 Elite troops

      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2008
        Dear Stephen,

        One thing is clear...the Sunken Road slide, and I suspect the
        others....are meant to be viewed in either a magic lantern or a
        stereoscopic viewer of some sort.

        This particular photo seems to be one of the more famed post view
        views of the Sunken Road. The cabin in the distance is, IIRC,
        that built for one of the freed slaves formerly owned by Mr
        Piper. The cabin is on the edge of the Piper Farm property.