Re: 128th PA weapons

  • dean_essig
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008

      I have many, some tracked down from state archives by some very loyal customers and
      friends, I can always use more confirmation data, as long as there is some sourcing given
      so I don't replace harder information sources with softer ones.

      Thanks!

      Dean

      If you want, send it directly to d.essig@...

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
        Dear Dean,

        Let me know what you have or need via the Irish Brigade or
        Anderson's NC Brigade, and I will see what I can find!

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008

          Do you use Vol. II of Todd's book? I don't have any of the three and
          wondered if just buying II would suffice since it covers 1851-72?

          Thank you,
          Larry F.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
            Larry,
            A long answer. Fred Todd started what he projected to be a six volume set. Vol. I was the U.S. Regular army, with detailed drawings and descriptions of all sorts of things. George Woodbridge did the illustrating, very and it is the best stuff out there. Vol;. II then went into the Conferderate side, and Vol. II the Navy & Marines, and the then he started covering the states, thru Conn. Then he died, and his widow assembled the states stuff and published it combined into what is sold as Vol. II. Yes it is very valuable as source, and I thin Dean said he uses it. Ther initial volumes are great too, but harder to find. I have the first three and then the combined Vol. II. Contact me off-line or stop by and you can peruse to your heart's content.

            >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 02/02/08 8:58 AM >>>
            Tom,