Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Muster Dates

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 1, 2008
      Unfortunately, I haven't gotten that far in my research on them to answer that question. I just can confirm that they had very little drilling from letters and reports. Though their Colonel, Samuel Croasdale had been in the 25th Pa, so he had some experience, which is why he got the job of Colonel. He primarily raised Co C of the regiment, most men coming from the Doylestown area.

      Paula

      From: "dean_essig" <dean_essig@...>
      I agree...

      Paula, maybe you can confirm their armament information for me?

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, 128thpa@... wrote:

      > The 128th Pa were definitely green. In fact, prior to Antietam, they had very little drilling,.
      Mostly digging entrenchments around DC.

      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2008
        Dear Stephen,

        One thing is clear...the Sunken Road slide, and I suspect the
        others....are meant to be viewed in either a magic lantern or a
        stereoscopic viewer of some sort.

        This particular photo seems to be one of the more famed post view
        views of the Sunken Road. The cabin in the distance is, IIRC,
        that built for one of the freed slaves formerly owned by Mr
        Piper. The cabin is on the edge of the Piper Farm property.