South Mt.

  • David Lutton
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2001
      One of the members of our CW Roundtable told me that some ground has recently been purchased along Reno Monument Road by a local group.  Does anyone out there know where it is located?

      David Lutton
      Hollidaysburg Pa
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2001
        Dave,

        Tom Clemens might have the answer, but IIRC, the road along which
        the Reno Monument (the ground right around the Reno Monument is
        the only NPS property on all of South Mountain as I recall)
        stands is named Reno Monument Road.

        Hope this helps with some clarification.

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

        Edward Lee

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2001
          Yes Gerry, that is correct. Of course during the war it was known as the Old
          Sharpsburg Road. It is not NPS property, except the ground around the
          monument itself, and they also own the arch at Cramptons, but not much else.