Re: Muster Dates

  • dean_essig
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 1, 2008
      Larry,

      True. In the game that shows up as a separate index ("morale") which looks at
      dependability, steadfastness and so on. "Green" identifies those who "just don't know
      how". Having them separate allows me to show that some potentially very fine units (good
      leadership, brave men, good coherence) who at this point "just don't know how" as being
      something different from an outfit that is just undependable, poorly led, or "prone to
      voting with its feet".

      Thanks for so much support. I want to make this product something that does justice to
      what these men did that day and brings out all the new scholarship on Antietam since
      Murfin. I hope it can give some new insights.

      Dean

      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2008
        Dear Stephen,

        One thing is clear...the Sunken Road slide, and I suspect the
        others....are meant to be viewed in either a magic lantern or a
        stereoscopic viewer of some sort.

        This particular photo seems to be one of the more famed post view
        views of the Sunken Road. The cabin in the distance is, IIRC,
        that built for one of the freed slaves formerly owned by Mr
        Piper. The cabin is on the edge of the Piper Farm property.