Re: Muster Dates

  • dean_essig
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hey Larry!

      While an extensive rating system would be very interesting to see, such a thing goes well
      beyond my needs here.

      I'm concerned about units that have not gotten enough time on the drill field to obtain
      even the minimal proficiency an otherwise green (no combat) unit would be expected to
      have.

      This status will affect the unit in a number of ways, but in a nutshell it makes the
      formation more sluggish and unwieldy as well as reducing its ability to generate firepower.
      There might be more effects (skittishness and such), but testing will allow me to get to the
      point where I can tell when there is "enough" as opposed to "too much" or "not enough"
      effect (some of these units acquitted themselves well, they were just clumsy).

      So, the definition revolves around drill and training as opposed to the previous experience
      of combat.

      Dean

      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2008
        Dear Stephen,

        One thing is clear...the Sunken Road slide, and I suspect the
        others....are meant to be viewed in either a magic lantern or a
        stereoscopic viewer of some sort.

        This particular photo seems to be one of the more famed post view
        views of the Sunken Road. The cabin in the distance is, IIRC,
        that built for one of the freed slaves formerly owned by Mr
        Piper. The cabin is on the edge of the Piper Farm property.