Re: Muster Dates

  • dean_essig
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 31, 2008
      Many thanks to Harry's help in finding Dyer on-line. I was able cross-check my green unit
      list. Found a number of mistakes. You guys have been a great help here.

      Revised Green unit list:
      14 Conn
      16 Conn
      35 Mass
      9 NH
      13 NJ
      107 NY
      108 NY
      121 NY
      23 Penn Militia (not the 23 Penn as I had before)
      118 Penn (marginal... mustered at the end of May)
      124 Penn
      125 Penn
      126 Penn
      128 Penn
      129 Penn
      130 Penn
      131 Penn
      132 Penn
      133 Penn
      134 Penn
      137 Penn
      139 Penn

      Now, there are other regiments that are "green" in the "haven't seen combat" sense, but
      the ones I am trying to identify are those that have been under arms for only a few weeks
      and haven't had a chance to learn the drill, let alone "seen the elephant". The 118 Penn is
      on the line here, it has been in for a couple of months. It may have enough training to
      escape this list, I need to look into it more.
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2008
        Dear Stephen,

        One thing is clear...the Sunken Road slide, and I suspect the
        others....are meant to be viewed in either a magic lantern or a
        stereoscopic viewer of some sort.

        This particular photo seems to be one of the more famed post view
        views of the Sunken Road. The cabin in the distance is, IIRC,
        that built for one of the freed slaves formerly owned by Mr
        Piper. The cabin is on the edge of the Piper Farm property.