Re: Muster Dates

  • dean_essig
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 31, 2008
      Here is my whole list of "Green" Infantry Regiments... (Green being defined as mustered in
      approx four weeks or less before Antietam).

      Yell if I missed somebody or have somebody on here in error.

      1st Corps: None

      2nd Corps:
      14 Conn
      59 NY
      108 NY
      72 Penn
      130 Penn
      132 Penn

      5th Corps:
      118 Penn
      126 Penn
      129 Penn
      131 Penn
      133 Penn
      134 Penn

      6th Corps:
      121 NY
      23 Penn
      82 Penn
      137 Penn
      139 Penn

      9th Corps:
      16 Conn
      35 Mass
      9 NH

      12th Corps:
      107 NY
      28 Penn
      124 Penn
      125 Penn
      128 Penn
      13 NJ

      ...and any of the Penn Militia that shows up with Reynolds.

      I'm not aware of any Green Cavalry, Artillery, or any Confederate Green units (rather doubt
      that one!)

      Thanks for the help!
      Message 48 of 48 , Feb 9, 2008
        Dear Stephen,

        One thing is clear...the Sunken Road slide, and I suspect the
        others....are meant to be viewed in either a magic lantern or a
        stereoscopic viewer of some sort.

        This particular photo seems to be one of the more famed post view
        views of the Sunken Road. The cabin in the distance is, IIRC,
        that built for one of the freed slaves formerly owned by Mr
        Piper. The cabin is on the edge of the Piper Farm property.