Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam in the news

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2001
      Paula;

      I hope this will not mean the last time we see you in this forum.
      Missed your contributions!

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

      Edward Lee

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2001
        In a message dated 12/19/01 10:54:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, gerry1952@... writes:

        I hope this will not mean the last time we see you in this forum.
        Missed your contributions!

        Thanks Gerry, but I have been very busy.  I moved this pass summer, so that kept me crazy - still looking for things!  It took us 5 months to find a phone that my son "packed"!  Also, I have taken on additional responsibilities at school, and also with other organizations that I volunteer with.  I read the posts, just don't have time to respond.

        I am still doing reseach on the 128th Pa - a bit slower going, but it is still going.

        I also will post shortly information on the 90th Pa Antietam Monument Fund.  This fund will raise $35,000.00 (10,000.00) of which has already been raised) to replace the orginal monument that was placed on the battlefield by men of the regiment.  Gary Casteel is the artist.

        Happy Holidays,

        Paula