Pierro's edited Carmen

  • dean_essig
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
      Hey Guys!

      Just checked my much awaited Amazon pre-order for this potentially historic release and it
      looks like it has been bumped back about a month to March.

      Please tell me this hasn't been a trend for the last few years and it's likely to actually be
      released in March.

      Much to my chagrin I have not had access to Carmen for my project and am really looking
      forward to this information.
    • Joseph Pierro
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
        Dean:

        To the best of my knowledge, there's only one person on this board who can answer your question. . . . :)

        Yes, the book is now finished. I apologize for the delays. As I mentioned before, there were some production snags last year, then I was hospitalized, then we got into the presidential campaign season, which has had me traveling all over the country for the past few months. You'd be surprised how long it takes to index 500,000 words (but I'll give you a hint; it's about 3x the word count of the average manuscript); twice as logn when you're trying to do it from the back of a press van.

        All best,

        --jake

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
          Jake,

          So who are you working for in the presidential campaign?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
            Lol! No, wrong side of press bus, Gerry. I'm not on a candidate's payroll. I'm covering it for the wire services.

            So who are you working for in the presidential campaign?

            > To the best of my knowledge, there's only one person on this
            > board who can answer your question. . . . :)
            >
            > Yes, the book is now finished. I apologize for the delays. As I
            > mentioned before, there were some production snags last year,
            > then I was hospitalized, then we got into the presidential
            > campaign season, which has had me traveling all over the
            > country for the past few months. You'd be surprised how long it
            > takes to index 500,000 words (but I'll give you a hint; it's
            > about 3x the word count of the average manuscript); twice as
            > logn when you're trying to do it from the back of a press van.
            >
            > All best,
            >
            > --jake

          • dean_essig
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
              That's awesome Jake. Frankly, getting something like that done is a monument in the first
              place, didn't mean to sound pushy.

              Perhaps its release will allow some more intense scholarship on Antietam. That bodes well for
              hangers-on like me. :-)