Antietam in the news

  • Pa128th@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2001
      Thought some of you might be interested in this article that was in the Phila Inquirer yesterday.
      Antietam's calm beauty a model for New York

      Happy Holidays all!

      Paula
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2001
        Paula;

        I hope this will not mean the last time we see you in this forum.
        Missed your contributions!

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

        Edward Lee

        > Thought some of you might be interested in this article that
        was in the Phila
        > Inquirer yesterday.
        > <A
        HREF="http://inq.philly.com/content/inquirer/2001/12/18/magazine/
        ALFRED18.htm">Antietam's calm beauty a model for New York</A>

      • Pa128th@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2001
          In a message dated 12/19/01 10:54:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, gerry1952@... writes:

          I hope this will not mean the last time we see you in this forum.
          Missed your contributions!

          Thanks Gerry, but I have been very busy.  I moved this pass summer, so that kept me crazy - still looking for things!  It took us 5 months to find a phone that my son "packed"!  Also, I have taken on additional responsibilities at school, and also with other organizations that I volunteer with.  I read the posts, just don't have time to respond.

          I am still doing reseach on the 128th Pa - a bit slower going, but it is still going.

          I also will post shortly information on the 90th Pa Antietam Monument Fund.  This fund will raise $35,000.00 (10,000.00) of which has already been raised) to replace the orginal monument that was placed on the battlefield by men of the regiment.  Gary Casteel is the artist.

          Happy Holidays,

          Paula