Reenactments

  • Scott Hann
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2008
      Does anyone have information about pre-Centennial (1962) reenactments
      of the battle of Antietam? I'm not talking about military "exercises"
      near Bloody Lane, but actual recreations of the battle. The earlier
      the better. Thanks, Scott
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2008
        Dear Scott,

        As far as I am aware, no. However Dr. Clemens might know.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2008
          Thanks Gerry. I've found two early reenactments (one in 1906 and the other
          in 1924), but I want to know if there are others. I'm guessing there might
          have been a "sham battle" for FDR on the 75th anniversary as well.