Re: [TalkAntietam] AP Hill's route from HF to Antietam

  • david lutton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 27, 2008

      About 10 years ago I was interested in the Hill's march and got a map of the route from the Park Service. I had my wife drop me off in Harpers Ferry and I bicycled the route to Sharpsburg.

      I can't vouch for the map's accuracy but I had a blast doing it!

      David Lutton
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2008
        I have a printout from NPS that gives directions to Harpers Ferry. It also has a map also showing Hill's route, but there is minimal detail and not worth posting.

        The roadside marker near Beverton, WV has a map of the route.
        See http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=1955
        Click on photo #2 for a closeup of the map.

        The optimal map would show Hill's route and also the other units' route.

        From: "david lutton" <dunkerch@...>
        Tom,