[TalkAntietam] Re: Macadamized turnpikes, RR's, etc.

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 17, 2008
      Larry,
      Only one bridge crossed the river at HF. It carried the B&O RR across the river as well as foot traffic. On the VA shore a station lay between the B&O which curved to the right and went west, and the Winchester & Potomac which went straight ahead. Although the station is gone the same split in the tracks exists today.

      Dr. Thomas G. Clemens
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 17, 2008
        Thanks Tom--that clears that up for me.