Re: [TalkAntietam] George Otott Article

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2001
      Tom;

      I will probably be spending a weekend at Antietam in the early
      spring going over the ground at South Mountain and would welcome
      the chance to also explore some of the ground traversed by the
      Texas Brigade, as well as any other interesting new discoveries
      regarding the fight for the Sunken Road.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

      Edward Lee

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2001

        Considering how much we enjoy walking the ground, that is a high complement
        indeed!

        I think it would be great to do another muster, even if it may not draw
        the crowd that it has in the past. I know I will be going out there
        in the spring, and it would be great to meet up with others.

        TRL

        rotbaron@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 12/14/2001 4:57:17 PM EST, tlivesey@...
        > writes:
        > << Sorry it has taken awhile, but I finally put together some material on the
        > LOS of Battery B's position. >>
        >
        > Todd,
        >
        > Thanks for the good work! I have received and read the Otott article. It
        > certainly provides good detail on
        > the actions of Wofford's regiments.
        >
        > It would be enjoyable to gather some Antietam fans in the spring and have a
        > battlewalk of these actions.
        > Your graphical interpretations add a new perspective to understanding the
        > terrain and how it directly
        > affected a unit's experiences on the field. It's the next best thing to
        > walking the ground!
        >
        > Tom Shay - Cressona, PA

      • John Furey
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2001
          Tom
          I would also like to come down, especially if we walk the Texas Brigades movements.
          Maby we can also aks Paul Chiles to come with us. With Paul and Todd it could'nt get
          any better with regard to Arty. and Lines of Sight.
          Remember Pete and Gerry who were our guiests at the ADG muster. I watched on C-Span the
          other day to see their son decorated. He is a Navy Seal. Can't say enough about our
          guys all over the world. Once again we are in their debt.
          John