Battle of South Mountain

  • csscomander
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2007
      I know this isn't the Battle of Antietam but it happened before the
      battle. Does anyone know if The Antietum Military park tried to send
      teams of archeologist to the Battle of South Mountain and if the
      Military park has tried to buy the land around South Mountain.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2007
        South Mountain is not owned by the National Park Service. The
        State of Maryland has a state park encompassing Crampton's Gap,
        Fox's Gap and portions of Turner's Gap areas.