Re: [TalkAntietam] Saturday Tree Planting

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2007
      I spoke with Michelle a few minutes ago. She says as of now, yes, we're
      still on. She is hoping for some melting to occur, more likely tomorrow
      than today. There is a bout 3 maybe 4 inches here in Sharpsburg, but he
      sun is out today and it was melting somewhat as I left the house.

      Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

      >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 12/6/2007 8:11 AM

      Tom Clemens,

      Any updates on the Sat. planting? At my home we have about 4+ inches of

      snow and the temp early this morning was 12 degrees with a refreshing
      breeze. Forecast is for moderating temps but no heat wave.

      Larry F.
    • Scott Hann
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
        Is the tree planting still on for tomorrow? I just checked the
        Weather Channel's website and they've increased the likelihood of rain
        for tomorrow to 50%. Scott
      • Harry Smeltzer
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
          Scott,

          Keep in mind that this is an NPS event. You might try giving the park a
          call.

          Harry

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
            Thanks Harry.

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
              I have not heard anything to the contrary so far. I too have some
              concerns about the weather, but if you decide to come down and we're
              skunked out give me a call. Cell is 301-331-3877.

              >>> "Scott Hann" <wutheringheights@...> 12/07/07 5:07 PM >>>
              Thanks Harry.

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
                Thanks Tom. I'm anxious to participate.