Saturday Tree Planting

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2007
      Tom Clemens,

      Any updates on the Sat. planting? At my home we have about 4+ inches of
      snow and the temp early this morning was 12 degrees with a refreshing
      breeze. Forecast is for moderating temps but no heat wave.

      Larry F.
    • Scott Hann
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2007
        Please keep us up to date. I have a 3 1/2 hour drive.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 6, 2007
          I spoke with Michelle a few minutes ago. She says as of now, yes, we're
          still on. She is hoping for some melting to occur, more likely tomorrow
          than today. There is a bout 3 maybe 4 inches here in Sharpsburg, but he
          sun is out today and it was melting somewhat as I left the house.

          Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
            Is the tree planting still on for tomorrow? I just checked the
            Weather Channel's website and they've increased the likelihood of rain
            for tomorrow to 50%. Scott
          • Harry Smeltzer
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
              Scott,

              Keep in mind that this is an NPS event. You might try giving the park a
              call.

              Harry

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
                Thanks Harry.

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
                  I have not heard anything to the contrary so far. I too have some
                  concerns about the weather, but if you decide to come down and we're
                  skunked out give me a call. Cell is 301-331-3877.

                  >>> "Scott Hann" <wutheringheights@...> 12/07/07 5:07 PM >>>
                  Thanks Harry.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
                    Thanks Tom. I'm anxious to participate.