Re: Trip Report from November 23, 2007

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007

      April 5 also looks like the CWPT workday; does that make any
      difference?

      I have a hardbound copy of your doctoral thesis on the way--I look
      forward to reading it.

      Larry F.

      > Tom Shay et al,
      > I got involved in some Homeowner-type projects on Friday and never
      got
      > over to the battlefield, to my regret. It sounds liek you had a
      good
      > day, and yes, it was cold and windy!
      > On the Final Attack Trail and the Union approach trail the tree-
      cutting
      > and brush clearing have been the focus of the last several Save
      Historic
      > Antietam Foundation Work Days. We cut a lot of the trees along the
      Otto
      > Farm lane and the cleared area at the top of the ridge where the
      Parrott
      > rifle represents Durell's battery. The Natural Resources staff
      there
      > are great and do a lot of work in addition to what we do, but our
      Work
      > Days always make a big difference. On Nov. 10 we cut about 125
      yards of
      > trees that obscured the view from the Visitr's Center to French's
      > attack. If you ever have the time, come join us for a day of scene
      > restoration.
      > On Dec. 8 there is an opportunity, weather permitting, to plant 176
      > apple trees in the next phase of the Piper Orchard restoration.
      Contact
      > me of the NPS staff ofr details and to let us know you're coming.
      > TheSHAF website has more information, "shaf.org " Our next
      scheduled
      > Work Day is tentatively set for April 5, again weather permitting.
      Come

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007
        Damn, yes it does. We usually pick a different day since they so fairly
        mundane little projects. Thanks for letting me know.

        >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 11/26/2007 2:22 PM

        Tom,