Re: [TalkAntietam] Trip Report from November 23, 2007

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 25, 2007

      We missed you...and Boomer. We certainly did notice the tree cuts along
      the Otto Lane, and SHAF was given credit on the ground. It really makes
      a big difference. Thanks for the hard work up there.

      Stephen

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007
        Steve,
        Bomber and I walked the Final Attack Trail yesterday and I see even
        more trees cut since last week. Joe Calzarette and the guys at Natural
        Resources Management are doing a wonderful job.

        Dr. Thomas G. Clemens

        >>> Stephen Recker <recker@...> 11/25/2007 1:26 PM

        Tom,

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007

          April 5 also looks like the CWPT workday; does that make any
          difference?

          I have a hardbound copy of your doctoral thesis on the way--I look
          forward to reading it.

          Larry F.

          > Tom Shay et al,
          > I got involved in some Homeowner-type projects on Friday and never
          got
          > over to the battlefield, to my regret. It sounds liek you had a
          good
          > day, and yes, it was cold and windy!
          > On the Final Attack Trail and the Union approach trail the tree-
          cutting
          > and brush clearing have been the focus of the last several Save
          Historic
          > Antietam Foundation Work Days. We cut a lot of the trees along the
          Otto
          > Farm lane and the cleared area at the top of the ridge where the
          Parrott
          > rifle represents Durell's battery. The Natural Resources staff
          there
          > are great and do a lot of work in addition to what we do, but our
          Work
          > Days always make a big difference. On Nov. 10 we cut about 125
          yards of
          > trees that obscured the view from the Visitr's Center to French's
          > attack. If you ever have the time, come join us for a day of scene
          > restoration.
          > On Dec. 8 there is an opportunity, weather permitting, to plant 176
          > apple trees in the next phase of the Piper Orchard restoration.
          Contact
          > me of the NPS staff ofr details and to let us know you're coming.
          > TheSHAF website has more information, "shaf.org " Our next
          scheduled
          > Work Day is tentatively set for April 5, again weather permitting.
          Come

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007
            Damn, yes it does. We usually pick a different day since they so fairly
            mundane little projects. Thanks for letting me know.

            >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 11/26/2007 2:22 PM

            Tom,