Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Hagerstown in General

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
      Heck Jake -- that's true of the OR. I followed up some of Gordon's stories when writing To Make Men Free, and the father/son episode he talked about seems to be authentic. The words ("My son is gone, and I am soon to follow, but it is okay") may be an elaborate memory, but the Johnson's both died in the Lane. FYI of the nit pickers among you -- the preceeding quotation is from my own memory. If you insist I'll look it up, but please don't insist.

      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
        Professor Clemens, is it possible to get a copy of the artical you
        wrote on Burnside's Bridge? We want to debate the subject at one of
        our Round Table meetings.

        Thank you

        James Durney