Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Hagerstown in General

  • richard@rcroker.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
      I'm speaking to the 60th GA reenactment group next week. Any of you guys got any tales of them at Antietam? My ggrandaddy called them "The Paulding (County) Rifles."

      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
        Heck Jake -- that's true of the OR. I followed up some of Gordon's stories when writing To Make Men Free, and the father/son episode he talked about seems to be authentic. The words ("My son is gone, and I am soon to follow, but it is okay") may be an elaborate memory, but the Johnson's both died in the Lane. FYI of the nit pickers among you -- the preceeding quotation is from my own memory. If you insist I'll look it up, but please don't insist.

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
          Professor Clemens, is it possible to get a copy of the artical you
          wrote on Burnside's Bridge? We want to debate the subject at one of
          our Round Table meetings.

          Thank you

          James Durney