New book

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2007
      Tom McGrath's book on the battle of Shepherdstown has been released. The title is "Shepherdstown: Last Clash of the Antietam Campaign, Sept. 19-20, 1862" It is published by Pat Schoeder and is $30. I wrote the intro, so of course I am biased, but I recommend the book for anyone who wants to know the real ending of the MD Campaign. Although the books are available elsewhere, if you buy it from Shepherdstown Battlefield Preservation Asso. it will help save the battlefield. Their webaddress is battleofshepherdstown.org I know they will appreciate your support.

      Tom Clemens
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2007
        I was just logging on to mention this book. You beat me to it. Dern,
        Just can't scoop Tom C. ;-)

        I bought the book at the Richmond Show today. I have not had a chance
        to read it yet, but it sure looks full of great info. Tons of great
        photos, charts, maps... all kinds of good stuff. And of course, our own
        Tom Clemens!

        It's exciting to see a full-length tome on that battle. Maybe this will
        help raise awareness about the importance of preserving the land.

        Stephen