Re: [TalkAntietam] re G B Anderson Brigade Approach to and Retreat from Fox's Gap

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2007
      Yes, of course.

      Dear Tom,

      Thanks. Re the retreat...that would have taken the brigade
      through your little town, would it not?

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
        Yes, it is now the Appalacian Trail. It was wide enough to drive a battery of artillery along it.

        Tom;

        This is an older post which I saved and have been reviewing the
        file of saved emails in conjunction with my book project. When
        you cite the Ridge Road in the post below, do you mean that
        little path running from slightly to the left/behind the Mountain
        House to Fox's Gap, intersecting the Old Sharpsburg/Reno Monument
        Road?