Re: [TalkAntietam] re G B Anderson Brigade Approach to and Retreat from Fox's Gap

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2007
      Dear Tom,

      Thanks. Re the retreat...that would have taken the brigade
      through your little town, would it not?

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2007
        Yes, of course.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
          Yes, it is now the Appalacian Trail. It was wide enough to drive a battery of artillery along it.

          Tom;

          This is an older post which I saved and have been reviewing the
          file of saved emails in conjunction with my book project. When
          you cite the Ridge Road in the post below, do you mean that
          little path running from slightly to the left/behind the Mountain
          House to Fox's Gap, intersecting the Old Sharpsburg/Reno Monument
          Road?