re G B Anderson Brigade Approach to and Retreat from Fox's Gap

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2007
      Gang,

      Would someone be able to tell me how G B Anderson's NC Brigade
      approached/marched to Fox's Gap from the Benevola area on the
      morning of September 14, 1862 and how the Brigade retreated from
      Fox's Gap the night of September 14th, and down into Sharpsburg?

      What I need is a good idea of what roads or trails the Brigade
      would have used.

      Thanks!!!!

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2007
        The National Road (Alt. Rt. 40) to the Mountain House, the Ridge Road to
        Fox's Gap, and back. Then National Road to Boonsboro,
        Boonsoboro-Shepherdstown Pike to Sharpsburg.