Muster at Antietam on Friday 10-26-07

  • RoteBaron@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2007
      As previously noted, several Antietam fans are meeting on Friday October 26 on the battlefield for a day of tours. There is no cost.
      If any members are interested in joining us, please email me at RoteBaron@...
      So far, itinerary is:
      Morning: tour Cornfield, West Woods, Sunken Road
      11:30 AM: Lunch
      Noon: XI Corps attacks at Burnside Bridge
      1 PM: Stephen Recker's two-hour tour of the Final Attack (west of bridge).

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 23, 2007
        Dear Tom;

        Much as I would dearly love to be there, I am having surgery
        tomorrow morning to remove a cataract in the right eye. I doubt
        very much I will be back to driving this next Friday.

        Depending on the success of this particular mini muster, maybe
        one can be scheduled for early spring of next year, preferably on
        a Saturday?

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 23, 2007
          Here's wishing you well, Ger...

          Hope it all goes flawlessly.

          Richard

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 23, 2007
            Stephen...

            Well the best laid plans... surgery postponed till November
            28th...beyond my or doctor's control.... geesh.....

            Do not think can make it to Antietam this Friday anyway.

            Thanks for the wishes.

          • RoteBaron@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 23, 2007

              All the best in regard to the surgery.

              A spring muster is always worth planning. T'would be especially nice if a ranger-led tour were also scheduled on that day.

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 23, 2007
                Surgery not gonna happen tomorrow Tom but thanks for the wishes.

                Yes, a Saturday mini muster sometime in March before all the
                foliage comes back out might be worthwhile... better even if
                Brian or Keith can lead it.