Re: [TalkAntietam] 4th NY monument

    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 30, 2007
      Scott,

      Yes, that is the one I found that got me thinking about it. It says the
      monument was dedicated in 1892, but everywhere else I have looked -
      Charles Adam's book, the park website, virtualantietam.com (gulp -
      recently fixed), they say 1887. John Schildt's Monuments at Antietam
      doesn't mention the date. New York at Antietam doesn't mention the
      monument. I was just wondering where the rumour started about it being
      1887. Thanks.

      Stephen

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 30, 2007
        Good point, Tom.

        Great talk you gave to the Hagerstown CWRT last week, BTW.

        Stephen

        On Sunday, September 30, 2007, at 07:44 AM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

        > Oh Steve! Or Lee, for that matter.

      • Tom Shay
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 19, 2007
          TO: Stephen Recker

          In regard to our upcoming min-mustoer on Friday 10-26-07....

          I plan to walk the new trail on along east side of Burnside's Bridge.
          Do you have a specific time for conducting your Final Attack tour?

          Given this is new terrain for attendees, there will be avid interest in that tour.
          Please pick a time that accomodates your schedule and we'll make the final plans accordingly.
          Also make a guesstimate at how much time the walk will take.