Re: 4th NY monument

  • Scott Hann
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 30, 2007
      Steve,

      Check that, I think it's page 3 (the page is unnumbered). In any case
      I've already emailed you the .pdf file.

      Scott
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 30, 2007
        Scott,

        Yes, that is the one I found that got me thinking about it. It says the
        monument was dedicated in 1892, but everywhere else I have looked -
        Charles Adam's book, the park website, virtualantietam.com (gulp -
        recently fixed), they say 1887. John Schildt's Monuments at Antietam
        doesn't mention the date. New York at Antietam doesn't mention the
        monument. I was just wondering where the rumour started about it being
        1887. Thanks.

        Stephen

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 30, 2007
          Good point, Tom.

          Great talk you gave to the Hagerstown CWRT last week, BTW.

          Stephen

          On Sunday, September 30, 2007, at 07:44 AM, Thomas Clemens wrote:

          > Oh Steve! Or Lee, for that matter.

        • Tom Shay
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 19, 2007
            TO: Stephen Recker

            In regard to our upcoming min-mustoer on Friday 10-26-07....

            I plan to walk the new trail on along east side of Burnside's Bridge.
            Do you have a specific time for conducting your Final Attack tour?

            Given this is new terrain for attendees, there will be avid interest in that tour.
            Please pick a time that accomodates your schedule and we'll make the final plans accordingly.
            Also make a guesstimate at how much time the walk will take.