Re: Mosby during the Maryland Campaign

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 25, 2007
      Scott,

      Sounds good; my wife and I plan on being at the Nov. 10 SHAF workday.
      Maybe we will see you there. Brian may be putting up my Conn. @
      Antietam paper in the near future with a section about the 8th.

      Larry

      --- In TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Hann"
      <wutheringheights@...> wrote:

      > Larry,
      >
      > You're welcome. If you decide on using a photo of Colonel Wistar
      just
      > let me know how to deliver it to you.
      >
      > And one of these days we'll have to chat about the 8th CT. On
      > Heritage Day I was impersonating one-armed Captain Eleazer Ripley
      of
      > Company C, 8th Connecticut. He was shot above the left elbow at
      > Antietam, and had his arm amputated the same day by Surgeon
      Storrs. A

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 26, 2007
        Larry,
        We'll be very grateful for your presence and help, thank you. Anyone else interested in attending, go to SHAF's website, SHAF.org (designed, created and maintained by Brian Downey!!!) where you can find the details. It appears we'll be cutting out trees from a fence line on the Roulette Farm and the NPS will erect a historic-type fence there when the project is complete. We also may get a call to help plant more apple trees in the Piper Orchard in December, and we'll post a notice for that when we have more information.
        Thanks for the plug!
        Tom Clemens
        President, SHAF

        >>> "eighth_conn_inf" <eighth_conn_inf@...> 09/25/07 2:25 PM >>>

        Scott,

        Sounds good; my wife and I plan on being at the Nov. 10 SHAF workday.
        Maybe we will see you there. Brian may be putting up my Conn. @
        Antietam paper in the near future with a section about the 8th.

        Larry
        Recent Activity
        2New Members
        Visit Your Group
        Yahoo! News
        Sexual Health
        Get important
        sex health news
        Yahoo! Groups
        Moderator Central
        Connecting a world
        of moderators
        Yahoo! Groups
        Join a yoga group
        and take the stress
        out of your life..

      • Harry Smeltzer
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 26, 2007
          Brian put up some neat stuff on the site today, including an article on the
          CDV of the officer pictured in the famous Elk Ridge signal station phot, and
          a picture of some of the board members gathered at the Heritage Festival.
          All this and more is what SHAF members get in the quarterly newsletter.

          www.shaf.org <http://www.shaf.org/>

          Harry