Re: [TalkAntietam] Burnsides Bridge by Tucker

  • TR Livesey
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2001
      I thought the handwaving statistics near the end that compared
      Toombs losses with AP Hills' losses which overall 'proved' that
      Toombs did most of the repulsing of the IX corps, kind of left
      a bad impression.

      rotbaron@... wrote:

      > I just started reading "Burnside's Bridge" by Phillip Tucker.
      >
      > Anyone have an opinion on this book? Any glaring errors I should keep watch
      > for? All reviews (good or bad) are welcome!

    • Tom Clemens
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2001
        David,
        Yes indeed, many accounts ignor that brigade's accomplishments after the stand
        at the bridge, and the two other regiments join them. Keith Snyder, NPS
        ranger, refers to Toombs as the energizer bunny of Antietam. Agreed.