Re: [TalkAntietam] Podcast of Cornfield fight by Keith Snyder

  • Joseph Pierro
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2007
      Thanks for sharing that link, Tom. Those podcasts are quite something. They're a lifesaver at Richmond NBP (where we're short on interpretive markers, and the scattered nature of the holdings and short staff makes it difficult to conduct many guided events). Richmond even provides pre-loaded MP3 players for visitors if they need them. Best of all, it allows the parks to provide additional interpretation that need not replicate the existing driving tour and wayside markers. (The Cold Harbor podcast, for example, covers the lesser known--and seldom walked--Union assault and temporary breakthrough of June 1, not the more famous attack of June 3.)

      --jake