Re: [TalkAntietam] read any good books

  • James Mattes
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2001
      I alway give out three to four books to some of my
      soldiers here in Maryland when they go off to the
      advanced NCO course (part of their battlefield
      studies). The first is the US Army War College Guide
      to the Battle of Anteitam by Luvaas and Nelson, Second
      is Landscape Turned Red by Stephen Sears, third the
      Murfin book, Frassantito deals more with the
      photograhic history of the site, A very good short
      read is the Time Life book "Bloody April" part of the
      Civil War Series. I have picked up several copies over
      the years at used bookstores for a song, very cheap.
      VR
      James Mattes

      http://personals.yahoo.com